Foundations of Somatic Consent
We invite you to a 2.5-day workshop on Somatic Consent. This workshop will improve the quality of your touch and communication through connection to yourself, and through creating clear agreements so that you can experience a more fulfilling and satisfying connection to others.
This workshop is about
- Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself.
- Understanding the dynamics of giving and receiving and taking them apart.
- Understanding who is doing and who it is for – because they are different.
- Waking up your sensuality – your capacity for feeling and following pleasure.
- Gaining skills of empowerment and communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting desires, having the courage to ask for what you want, and feeling safe enough to receive.
- Understanding and embodying Somatic Consent can only happen through a somatic experience – you have to feel it in your skin. Therefore, learning consent happens through various games and exercises.
In these 2.5 days you will
- Learn about ‘receiving’ and ‘giving’ – and why knowing the difference is crucial for creating connection and intimacy.
- Find out where you and others are clear (or not) in receiving and giving.
- Learn the framework of Somatic Consent and the Engagement Zones as a foundation for connection.
- Experience pleasure and sensation in your skin that you can access any time you choose.
- Access parts of yourself that have been hidden away that are ready to be seen, appreciated and healed.
- Gain skills to bring clarity and heart into your hands so that your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying.
- Become exquisitely aware of your desires and limits and how to communicate them.
- Practice four ways of giving and receiving and experience it in your body.
As the training is somatic, there will be many opportunities for exchanging touch in the workshop, but there is no genital touch and clothing stays on in the workshop. All exercises are optional. You do not have to touch or be touched by anyone – observing is participation.
To see a short video on the Somatic Consent Engagement System, visit
Who is it for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in personal and spiritual development and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with lovers, friends, parents, children or colleagues.
No prior experience necessary. Both for those who are already familiar with Somatic Consent, and those who are not, there are always new levels of awareness to be found. This is an all-inclusive event — all genders and sexual orientations are welcome.
If you have any questions about the workshop, for the organiser, or you would like to bring Somatic Consent into your community, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Embodied Empowerment & Intimate Relating
• Workshop •
We all seek greater connection and intimacy. But how do we get it? Where do we start? How much is our personal responsibility and how much of the responsibility belongs to our partner?
We'll explore these questions so that you'll come away with a greater sense of connection to yourself as well as tools to increase your sensitivity and relationship to pleasure – with or without a partner.
It all starts with feeling safe. When you're safe, you can make choices; when you can make choices, you're empowered.
This workshop is an invitation for singles and for couples!
You'll be guided in learning to touch and connect – first and foremost with yourself – in a conscious and empowered way. From here, you'll learn to create agreements with yourself and with another to access deeper levels of intimacy and expansiveness.
The foundational teachings of this workshop will be based on Somatic Consent. The main focus is on activating your hands, improving the quality of your touch, exploring consensual touch, learning how to separate doing from giving and discovering deeper layers of receiving.
Deep spiritual qualities of surrender, integrity, gratitude and generosity will unfold as you learn new dynamics related to giving and receiving. Building on this, there will be emphasis on communication and consent as well as exploring receiving pleasure through the action of taking as a foundation of love and service.
With a lover we want to feel safe and trust, to be soft, open and vulnerable, to let go of defenses and resistance – when this happens, we can let go and enter into a deep space of surrender.
To create the possibility for surrender we need integrity and clear agreements. We make commitments to ourselves, first and foremost, from a place of self-love and respect.
Through this 2-3 day journey you will...
- ໑ Understand the nervous system and how to create safety for yourself.
- ໑ Activate the somatic nervous system and your default connection to pleasure through touch.
- ໑ Use your own hands (and entire body) as an unlimited source of pleasure and connection to self and other
- ໑ Feel the difference between giving and receiving as well as discovering who it is for when you engage.
- ໑ Apply Somatic Consent as a foundation for relating.
- ໑ Communicate boundaries, needs and desires clearly and directly.
- ໑ Practice making choices and identify, value and ask for what you want.
- ໑ Redefine what is meant by “relationship”.
- ໑ Create relationship agreements that are based on sovereignty, integrity, respect, choice, trust and goodwill
- ໑ Take the goal out of sexual encounters and follow the pleasure.
- ໑ Stop being ‘nice’ and move beyond pleasing.
- ໑ Identify and move beyond survival strategies and shadow behavior.
- ໑ Apply these insights to your daily life with a partner, colleagues, friends and family.
Visit the Calendar for upcoming courses.
What Others Are Saying
“My wife and I recently participated in Matt's workshop. We discussed at length the tools and ideas we learned and made adjustments to or communication and how we make requests of each other. It has definitely deepened our relationship and opened up opportunity for more growth.”- Jeff R, Seattle, WA, USA